IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR REFERRING DOCTORS
Queensland Sleep has recommenced in-hospital and ambulatory (home) diagnostic and titration studies, aligning with current Department of Health guidelines to relax the restrictions on elective surgery which were released on 21 April 2020. All patients will be screened pre-study and testing will be postponed if symptomatic, pending further medical investigation.
Pre-test screening will include:
- Pre-test temperature screening.
- Questioning to identify any fever, cough, sore throat, SOB , recent international travel or contact with someone diagnosed with or suspected of having coronavirus.
Increased PPE and distancing:
- In-lab sleep investigations performed in private rooms with bathroom.
- Portable (home) studies performed in the patient’s home by sleep technicians.
- 4m² rule per person strictly adhered to.